Thursday, July 30, 2009

Recovering From Knee Surgery

As most of you know I had Knee Surgery on the 23rd. The Dr. cut out two sections of the meniscus, repaired a ligament and cut a muscle to re-align my kneecap. We will know the finally outcome in 6-8 weeks. I seem to be able to do a little bit more each day. However, I usually pay for it late at night. I will be anxious to see the Dr. again on August 5th. Bruce, Kiley and many friends have been life savors for me during this time. Today Kiley and I went out and weeded one of the flower beds. I just had to get outside. It felt great. Hope none of our neighbors watched because I was quite the sight. I just sat down on the grass with my left leg straight, then scooted around on my bottom. It worked quite well AND my arms got a workout. When I stood up with the crutches, I noticed I had sat on a couple of warm, soggy plums that had fallen off the tree onto the lawn. What a bonus that was, lunch too! What would normally take me 10 minutes to do took an hour. Who cares...it's all good!!! Life is good. I feel very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you had to have knee surgery! I'm so sorry. I know how you feel! Knee surgery is hard. I'm so glad you have such a great attitude about it!

    ReplyDelete